Gummy Smile Fix
Gummy Smile Fix
Real Client. Real Result. Dentistry and photography by Dental Boutique.
Are you self-conscious that you show more gums than teeth?
“Gummy” smiles can often make people feel embarrassed. They try to hide their gums when they smile and talk and sometimes this may affect social confidence. The beauty of a smile is not only made up of teeth, but also the framing of the teeth including gums and lips.
A smile can appear gummy for mean reasons. These include:
- Excess gums
- Upper lip that lifts excessively when smiling
- Incorrect proportion of teeth size and shape
In creating symmetry between teeth and framing of teeth, we offer a range of options to improve your gummy smile. Every dental case is different, however with a smile design consultation we can discuss your treatment options and create a personalised treatment plan most suitable for you to achieve your dream smile.
Before beginning your treatment, we use technology to create predictable 3D smile design photos and videos personalised for you to help you envision what your smile will look like post treatment.
A technique we use to remove excess gum tissue in small sections that will reveal more of your teeth. This can create a more proportionate smile with a better ratio of gums to teeth.
- Gum lift with Porcelain Veneers
Gummy smiles are sometimes caused by disproportionate size and shape of teeth. If your gum tissue is healthy and correctly positioned, veneers can be used to correct the size, shape and proportion of your teeth. This combination will help to decrease the amount of gum showing and increase tooth size.
- Gum lift with braces or Invisalign
Moving the position of your natural teeth may be enough to change the proportions of your smile with braces or Invisalign.
Gum lift with Porcelain Veneers
Either done 2 weeks before or on the day of the treatment for veneers
Gum lift with braces or Invisalign
It is done at the end of your orthodontic treatment once your teeth are all aligned.
Does it Hurt?
Naturally, some dental procedures may cause some discomfort depending on treatment type and individual pain threshold.
We endeavour to ensure you you are as comfortable as possible during treatments and offer sedation options for those fearful of treatment, so you can wake up to your new smile without feeling a thing!
Why Dental Boutique
At Dental Boutique we aim to design simple, pain free and predictable smiles. We are trained in smile makeovers and use technology to create predictable 3D smile design photos and videos personalised for you to help you envision what your smile will look like before treatment.
We also go the extra mile to help your “gummy” smile efficiently.
How do we do this?
- We have been awarded Platinum Elite status by Invisalign Australia 3 years in row – signifying that we are the top invisalign provider in Melbourne.
- We are proud to offer patients a no obligation, complimentary Orthodontic or Invisalign assessment.
- We employ a technological device that allows us to remotely control your treatment. This makes your treatment faster and more efficient, resulting in fewer visits to the dentist.
- Treatment time with us can now be accelerated by up to 50% using technologies we employ.
For Porcelain Veneers treatment
- We offer all patients carrying out porcelain veneer treatment with us a trial smile where they’ll get to see and test run what the final result will look and feel like. At this stage, the patient is able to give us as much feedback as possible before finalising your smile.
- Our cosmetic dentists are highly trained, having transformed thousands of smiles. We pride ourselves in providing ultra-thin porcelain laminate veneers, that mimics nature, so you will have natural looking and long lasting smile.
Can I see results of others who have had this problem resolved?
Send a Note
Please complete the form below
Level 1, 35 Whitehorse Road,
Balwyn (Deepdene), VIC 3103